Friday, May 3, 2013

Adoption vs. Abortion

This has been in the news lately, and I wanted to share my thoughts....


Adoption vs abortion may seem like an easy choice for most of us.

It would be so easy to say, "Of course I will give this baby life and give him/her to total strangers...."
(lots of sarcasm here)

Now don't get me wrong, with my life's experiences, I am definitely PRO-LIFE.

However, just like most complex issues in this world, nothing is really black or white. 

Of course the moral of it is, black or white.

For example:

Abortion is murder.  Unless there are health issues or psychological issues.
while...
Adoption gives life and most of the time blesses all involved.

Thus one can conclude that Abortion is bad
and Adoption is good.

However...

Try being in that woman's shoes who has to choose.

(Just a side note, this post does not sympathize with those women/men who are pro-choice for no other reason than to think abortion isn't murder or that their lifestyle means more than any fetus's.  I will never agree with their ideals of what "life" is and that the baby doesn't have any say.  This post is only for all of us to look at how broken our society is when comes to this topic and how we can change the rhetoric)

First, I don't blame the government, abortion happens everywhere with every government...the government is just trying to control who they will end up feeding and supporting for the rest of our lives.

I blame us.

I blame our inability to talk about complex issues with those who need it most, our children.

We live in a society today where selfishness and responsibility are trying to go hand in hand.

The world says,

"Be responsible, don't do anything wrong!"

"But if you do, fix it so it doesn't bother the rest of us."

After going through 10 years of infertility I had to overcome my anger towards...every pregnant teenage girl I saw, or the pregnant women I saw smoking a cigarette or the ones I didn't see who did drugs or drank alcohol or the millions of babies born and left in orphanages without love or a family, and of course my anger towards any woman who felt abortion is an option...with that, I feel I have somewhat to say on this subject. 

From the beginning of time, children have disobeyed.
Why do we think just teaching our kids NOT to do something will work?

For instance, I taught for a few years about adoption and spoke briefly about abortion in one of our local high schools every May...

...Many parents had their child removed from the class for my presentation.

Every year, five or six kids would be dismissed and then I could start, and every year I was amazed.

How is NOT talking about it going to ever help these kids make a more informed decision?


So I hope we are not too quick to judge...

...Many of these girls and women are pressured by those they trust most.

Let's work harder at talking about the subject.  Let's get ourselves educated for our own children's sake.
We cannot control what our children will do, what mistakes they will make...and they will make mistakes....  But we can control what they learn in our home and whether or not they feel they can trust us...with anything.

Both my Lia and my Jared's birthmothers were told to abort by people they trusted.
Both were left alone, and both contemplated doing it.

We are eternally grateful neither one decided to listen.

But many do.


When the world told them to abort,
Our birthmothers chose to give us life.
And now the world is truly a better place,
because we are still in it.

While I will always be pro-life,  I now feel sorry for those who don't know better or who feel pressure to FIX it.

 I know God has a plan for each of us and he will care for all of the spirits who are taken too soon.

He loves all of us.  Whether we deserve it or not.
And whether you think someone does or not, is not your place.
Let's be a comforting hand, a hand that helps these scared girls to know there is another choice, and then help them through it.

Lots of love,
Niki





3 comments:

  1. You are so right! We live in a schizophrenic society. If we don't teach our children these things they wont know about them. It's not okay! Ugh! your brave to tackle this issues. Kermit Gosnell ((here's a link http://bit.ly/12vY6oV ))is on trial for murdering children and mothers in late term abortions and there is very little coverage on this thing. It's crazy! Look him up - if you read about the story it will make you sick. I couldn't find articles it was to sad. Abby Johnson is a woman who worked for these clinics and now she talks about the lies woman are told. It astounding! I have been in church and when this subject comes up mothers leave with their children angry. It's sad to me.

    Nice post! Brave post! Good for you!!!

    "Any country that accepts abortion, is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what it wants." Mother Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing: I forgot to attach Abbey Johnson's link ~ http://www.abbyjohnson.org/ She was a director for a huge abortion clinic - then she helped with an abortion were the Dr. used an ultra sound - It changed her life. She says she say the baby trying to get away before he was killed. It's an amazing story. Abbey says - "We need to love "pro-choice" people to the other side. I love that quote. :) it also goes along with what your saying.

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments! Love is the key.

      Delete