Thursday, January 10, 2013

Downton Abbey and getting back into blogging....

I realize it had been awhile since I blogged last.  It is amazing how busy the holiday season is.  So many fun and crazy things going on in our lives, but I will just start with the one that has taken up most of my time these past two weeks:




I am completely and totally obsessed with it.  

I have, as of late, not tried to get into any new shows, as I have been spending my time elsewhere, but after so many testimonials and my husband's encouragement,  I sat down to watch the first show of the first season.  And now I am embarrassed to say that only five days later, I am now on the last show of the second season....yes, they are that good.

So if you are looking for a good, clean drama to get yourself into...start with Downton Abbey...the writing is brilliant, the cast is amazing and the setting is beautiful.  I have rarely felt the hate, the love and annoyance with fictional characters in my life that I feel for these characters.  They are frighteningly a part of my daily thoughts now..and though I am sure that will pass, the story is worth it.  If you are a Jane Austin, 19th century, drama loving fool like myself...you WILL love this series.  

lots of love,
Niki


1 comment: