Saturday, December 22, 2012

You are What You Eat

In a perfect world, I would make donuts healthy and beets junk food.  I would say that chocolate is the number one super food, while spinach should only be eaten sparingly.  But, alas, it is not a perfect world.  And due to the making of chocolate and donuts our once satisfied taste buds, now crave some a little sweet, salty or fried.

Now that I am an adult, I do understand the importance of healthy eating.  I try to keep sweets and processed foods out of my home.  But it isn't always that easy.  We try to be moderate in ALL things, so we don't make our kids stay home on Halloween, or take them home from a birthday party early before they can eat cake and ice cream.

My kids will one day grow up.  And just because a child has never heard of a candy cane or an M&M, doesn't mean they will not want one.  I have actually found that if I don't let my kids try a little of this or that, when they get it from a friend or school, they hoard it.

So a little sweet tooth now and then is okay by me.  But to balance it out, here is my amazingly yummy salad I eat, almost every day :)

It is easy and fast and depending on your dressing, very healthy.

First, I cook up enough chicken to last me 3 or 4 days.  I use a tiny bit of butter (not Margarine) and then some pepper and garlic for taste. Then it is in the fridge so I can just add it each day :)



Second, I add spinach...


Third, I add broccoli slaw...

 Forth, I add cranberries and chicken...

And then a little dressing...


...and viola,
a yummy healthy salad for lunch!



Lots of love,
Niki


1 comment: