Sunday, December 9, 2012

Decisions...

Life is full of decisions.  Every day we wake up, decide what to eat for breakfast, what to wear for the day, whether we are up for exercising, looking on Facebook, cleaning the house, getting to work or school on time, getting our kids ready or just letting them stay in their pj's all day, playing a game with our kids, or doing the dishes, taking a nap or running some errands.  How do we decide these decisions?

I have to say, I don't put a whole lot of thought in most of those things...they are usually just a split second decision and every day we go on, making them, right or wrong, for the best or worst.  Yes to this, no to that, and oblivious to some.

And then there are those other decisions in our day that should take some more thought.

Where to go to school, for instance, or who should I marry?  What career do I want to pursue? Or where should we live?

And another one of those "big" decisions has been weighing on both my husband and me for the last few months:

How to have our next baby?

While most families will say, we think it is time for another baby, or surprise, we are having another baby, Flavio and I have to go about bringing a new baby into our lives a totally different way.  It is not as simple as saying it is time.  We say it is time and then have to go through the task of how we should bring said baby into our family.

In the past we have had only two choices, In-Vitro Fertilization or Adoption.  Both are very expensive and both are very emotionally draining.  Both are full of crazy, heartbreaking ups and downs and both are exactly what we needed to do to get our three little miracles.  And this time as well, we have had to pray and think about and finally choose between these two options, (as we have tried to get pregnant on our own for almost 9 years with no success).

And our new little addition will hopefully come to us through...


Adoption!!!



"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"


We are so excited to bring another little miracle into our home.  
Now we wait.  
Now we wonder.  


Our adoption stories will be shared here...both the good, the bad and the ugly...we hope for your prayers and support.

Lots of love,
Niki and Flavio


4 comments:

  1. Excited to follow this journey with you. You make me wish that I would be a better blogger about our ivf and adoption as well as our new journey foster parents. Love your blog. Wish that we did more when I lived in Stillwater

    ReplyDelete