Thursday, December 20, 2012

Being thankful or Greedy

I can't tell you how many times I have heard or read about someone who is struggling with infertility and because they have one child, feel they should be thankful for that child and feel guilty for wanting more.

PLEASE!

How many mothers out there, who can have children with just having their husband look at them, want more after the first...

...well, by statistic standers, they want at least one and a half more.

I read this quote from a Facebook page I follow:

A Facebook Community member wrote: "We have one child from embryo donation and I feel totally blessed, but my heart still hurts with jealousy when someone tells me they are pregnant with little or no effort. Being pregnant did not cure my infertility and a feel so guilty for feeling this way, but I just can't help it. It hurts to know I can't give my child a sibling that easily, if at all." (https://www.facebook.com/pages/RESOLVE-The-National-Infertility-Association/57774720835)

Why should a mother, who has to go through a ridiculous amount of emotional and physical pain, not to mention loss and heartache for every month she isn't pregnant, have to be satisfied with just one?

Is there some rule that states, if the baby is harder to get, you should be more grateful than those who had fun making one?  Thus, if you only get one, then your infertility pain is healed?

Hardly.

I have felt the same pain and heartache every time we have had each one of our little miracles.

Just because we want more, doesn't make us greedy.  To me, it shows how thankful we really are, we want to keep sharing our love with these little bundles of joy.

So, to all you mothers out there who are wanting one more and can't have that one, for whatever reason, don't sell yourself short.  Having a child is a divine right and emotion.  Pray.  Love.  And hope that God will guide you to your next little angel.  It may not be in the way you were expecting.  Be open.  Look inside yourself.  God will direct you.

Lots of love,
Niki




1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more! People can't be thinking that one through when they say/think things like that...

    ReplyDelete