Monday, November 19, 2012

Tis the Season

Okay, so over the years I have come to find that many people have very strong opinions when it comes to decorating for the holidays.

I, personally, love both Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Really, if you were to ask me to pick between the two, I wouldn't be able to.  



I love Thanksgiving, well, because I love food. I love the turkey, the ham, the stuffing, the mashed potatoes, the veggies, the rolls, and the pies.  I love to eat good food and I love to eat food with those that I love.  Thanksgiving also happens to be right around when my birthday is, so I think that has something to do with it as well; however, the older I get the more that reason seems to fade.  

Christmas is truly wonderful as well.  The smells, the decorations, the giving to others, the food (once again a day of feasting), family and friends, Santa Claus and most of all the Christian World seems to come together to remember the One who made all of this possible.

So here is my conundrum  while I LOVE Thanksgiving, I am not a huge Thanksgiving decorator.  We have the cute little signs and such, but nothing like when it comes to Christmas decorating.  So every year I get the Christmas decorating bug right around the first of November.  Yeah, I know.  I would love to listen to Christmas music all day while decorating everyone's homes all year!  



So when is too early?  I will admit, I started my Christmas decorating today.  I know, I took down the few turkey decorations and put up Santa Claus.  


When do you put up your Christmas decor?
And do you think before Thanksgiving is too early?

lots of love,
Niki

6 comments:

  1. We decorated on Saturday. To me, Thanksgiving and Christmas are one in the same. Both are days to be grateful for the blessings in your life, to be with those you love, and to be generous to those in need. And I'm sure the turkey would be very happy if Thanksgiving never even existed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why we are such good friends :)

      Delete
  2. I think people get WAY too concerned about when other people decorate for Christmas. I think people should decorate whenever they feel like it. But the earlier the better - the Christmas season is so exciting that we might as well stretch it out as much as possible! I'm loving that our neighborhood already has so many Christmas lights up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't broken out the Xmas stuff yet. Instead, I just kept up all of my Halloween stuff. Yes, it is a little strange, but I tend to take down Halloween to put up Christmas. Then I take down Christmas sometime mid-next year... or when people are coming over to my house and I am too embarrassed to have them see Xmas decorations mid-march :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This just made me laugh :) I like keeping my Christmas decor up, just because my house looks so bare when I take it down :(

      Delete