Thursday, November 15, 2012

Team Twilight

So most of my posts have been, well, deep as of late...I thought I would shake things up a bit with this one.

I have a guilty pleasure. 


And my pleasure is:



I have had some people look at me in total shock when I reveal this side of me.

Maybe it is out of character...I am not sure.

But, let's put the "judging me" aside and see why I love, and yes, I did say love, this series so much.

First: The story is unlike anything I have ever read.  I love to read.  And I read all kinds of books.  But I mostly like books that are original and imaginative.

Second: They make me feel young again.

Third (and last for this post): Being a mom every day, doing mommy things: cleaning, changing diapers, folding laundry, playing Candy Land for the 32nd time, watching princess movies or Finding Nemo for the 87th time, cooking, washing dishes, caring for and dealing with naughty children, reading about how Barbie is a good vet or and good friend for the 946th time, and all the other wonderful, yet taxing daily tasks of my daily life are all taken from me for the one hour or 30 minutes I get to read.  And Twilight takes me out quickly.  It recharges me (that may sound crazy) but it does.  I get to escape my wonderful, amazingly blessed life that is truly daunting every once in awhile and be in a world where magic and true love exist. Where there is no way any of what goes on in this book would be okay in the real world.  And To be honest, I don't always like the real world.

So yes, I am excited about the last Twilight movie, Breaking Dawn part II (I will admit I LOVE the books and only LIKE the movies)  But, once again, this is just a fun, guilty pleasure that I am proud to have and tonight I get to enjoy that last movie!


What are some of your, "hard to admit" guilty pleasures?


Lots of love,
Niki

2 comments:

  1. Jane Austen fanfiction. Silliest thing ever, but I love the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I love Jane as well :)

      Delete