Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Say cheese!!!

For some reason, getting family pictures, is about as much fun as going to the dentist.... 

(no offence to any dentists out there)  



No matter how much you prepare or talk yourself into believing it won't be that bad, once you are there, you are hit full on with the actual reality of non-cooperation, posing and hair dilemmas, fake smiles and promises that you would never give in any other situation and probably can't even keep.

My family is no exception.

My two older girls have come along way, and I have come to love and accept their little fake smiles.  The worst thing we can say to our kids when they are getting their picture taken, is: "Smile pretty."  Or "Smile normal".  When this is said, all hope is lost.

I try not to say things that relate to how they are smiling.  Tell a funny joke or say a funny word.  Let the photographer know ahead of time any inside jokes that will make your kids laugh.

And when it is time for your kid's portrait, make yourself useful and do a silly dance, make funny faces.  Kids will laugh every time and the photographer will get what you were looking for, a natural, fun, happy smile :)

Like I said, family pictures with little children, for us do not run any smoother what you are used to. Granted, my kids are used to having a camera shoved in their faces, but with young kids, you never know what you are going to get.

Here are a few examples of what happens in our photo shoots:



Not to be out-done by....drum roll, please....


So if you are stressed out about getting family pics... just try to relax and know that you are not alone :)

lots of love,
Niki






7 comments:

  1. You can't spell "oblivious father" without "Flavio." :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...doesn't that picture just capture us all perfectly?

      Delete
  2. Hey! I was just doing what I was told......smile and look at the camera. I just obey. The problem is that I live with a bunch of divas (not Niki though, I'd never think that of her).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I found the current blog. :) This post is great! I love that last picture - that's me. :) I have have really enjoyed looking through your other blogs. the pictures are great! I loved them all so much I decided to join your blog.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love to have readers and I love to hear what you have to say :)

      Delete