Friday, September 21, 2012

This will not be in chronological order....and you are not alone!

As the posts I will be sharing will cover a nine year span, plus snippets from my everyday comings and goings, I will not be sticking to a chronological stream of posts...I will have days where I want to share what has happened that minute.  Order is out.  So I am giving myself permission right now, that order means nothing when it comes to the emotions of the heart.


I hope you will follow along in my crazy, emotional filled journey and I would love to hear your stories as well.  Inspire me, inspire others to go out and be brave or be themselves!

You are not alone.

I have met so many wonderful family's and couples who, like us, have dealt with infertility their entire marriage or for part of their marriage.  It is amazing how something such as infertility, or I am sure cancer, death of a spouse, death of a child, a child with a disability, divorce, and many other of lives' challenges bonds us together.  When I meet someone who knows my pain, I feel a automatic kinship to them.  Without telling any of my story, they understand.  They have felt my pain, been in my sorrow, walked down the same path I know so well.  Their pain is my pain.  Their sorrow is my sorrow.  While we all have different experiences...we know a feeling that only we can know and understand.

Feeling alone is painful. 

So, my advice to you today is to speak up.  Share your story with others.  Let them help you.  You will only find other who understand you.  It will help you get through this.  I promise.

Do you have a story you want to share?
How did sharing your story help you?



2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with this statement. Just the other day, I started talking with a friend about my struggle to get pregnant, and found out she is struggling with the same thing. We automatically bonded a little stronger. It's so good to know that someone is on the same path as you... so many times I look around and all I see is another woman getting pregnant- or giving birth, etc. I am so glad I was able to share my struggles and she was able to share hers as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry. I am happy that you are finding some friends though, it is a journey of true growth. There are many of us, and we all understand how painful right now is for you. Lots of love.

      Delete